Monday, May 05, 2008

Hyd, Watering hole & the African humping bird

The day was no-fuckin-where remotely close to being occupied, forget about being busy/productive. My client's bible of hierarchy needs that some 4 people put their autograph on a small paper before I even get access to their stupid network on my laptop. I just spent the whole day flipping through some magazines & open/close some excel files.

I had to hit some watering hole by evening - Thanks to my colleague who flew down from Mumbai for some work with the same client. After a lot of discussion (we should have first figured that this is Hyd and we are a bunch of stags, so we don't have much of a choice, duh!), we hit a place called Serengeti - It is actually a National park in Africa, the actual Serengeti, I mean. - This pub also tried to get the same theme in here. And actually it was well done to look like a forest, though there were definitely some irritating things, of course! Like, the music, which sort of sounded like ghazals. I never knew that African forests have ghazals playing in the background. Duh!
And there was some stupid bird which, time-to-time, keeps humping a tree for some 30 seconds straight making not-so-lustful sounds! I would have surely killed it, if only it was alive!

The service sucked, as is expected - We are talking about Hyderabad and hospitality!
The orders came in late. The waiters were not accomodating. And let's not even talk about the bill - 8000 bucks for 4 people and that too for staying sober??!! For that big a hole in the pocket, I would have got pissed drunk and roamed around on the streets of Bangalore.

Miles to go before Hyd catches up ...


P.S. - It was a different experience watching the IPL match in a forest-like place, though!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

F@#$ing piece of shit....8K. I believe u. Have had similar experiences. Prices are dollarized in all the metros. I gave a party in Spain to the foremen who worked under me. We were 5 & the bill came to 180euros (Almost 10K). This included eating & drinking.

We are competing with europe !!!! Way to go.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Blissfully Egoistic said...

@ rahil

Ain't that a good sign? He he.
Btw, I am not able to view your profile. Can we know each other?

5:24 AM  
Blogger Blissfully Egoistic said...

@ rahil: Is this Banda?
Suddenly it hit me, seeing that Spain thing.

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home